Monday, March 16, 2009

Battle in Seattle (2008)

I really liked this movie. Probably more than a lot of people might, but I really liked it. Very well made and they definitely got the scenery and the setting right for 1999 Seattle. I did not know that much about the WTO (I did some research), but this movie without question put a big light on the whole situation.

Now, everyone character and story (according to the opening titles) are fictional in this, but the story as a whole is real. It differentiated between the protesters, the cops, the politicians, the lobbyists, and the media, all intertwining at some point in time. The best storyline was with Woody Harrelson (a cop) and Charlize Theron (pregnant, corporate employee) as a married couple. The actor who surprised me the most was Michelle Rodriguez because I am not a fan and she did a really good job in this. This movie also proves that Channing Tatum is a terrific actor on the rise.

While I wished the stories of the characters were more based on real stories, I still liked this movie. Anyone can watch it and choose to be on.

No comments:

Post a Comment