Saturday, January 3, 2009

The 10 Worst Movies of 2008

A Countdown of the worst of the year: From worst to worstest.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - A major disappointment following huge expectations and a kick-ass trailer. (Positive note: fire ant scene)





The Other Boleyn Girl - Didn't have many expectations going into this one and I left with fewer. A somewhat interesting historical story turned into a real boring love triangle, sorta, I think....see, I still don't fully get the movie




Step Brothers - Not even the brief bouts of humor could help this Will Ferrell movie, and God, do I love Will Ferrell movies, but this was beyond stupidity.





What Happens in Vegas - Actually funnier than Step Brothers, but that's not gonna save it much. The best parts of the movie were the supporting cast of Zach Galifianakis and Rob Corddry.



Leatherheads - Maybe if there was more comedy in this supposed comedy, I would have enjoyed it. So much potential squandered.





Meet Bill - Though this movie went to a film festival in 2007, it was never released to the public (either limited or national) until 2008. I don't understand what the holdup was for, it wasn't worth it.



The Love Guru - Ok, I admit, I should not have even touched this movie. I thought maybe the cast would save it, and I was horribly wrong.




Vantage Point - Kept jumping back and forth and back and forth between all the stories that, in the end, make this a 30 minute movie. I will say that the car chase scene was passable.



August - I was so interested in this idea about the internet boom in the early 2000s, but I was so let down. It kept drawing you in and building you up to try and get a resolution and then NOTHING. I was duped. Sucked into a story that went nowhere.



The Forbidden Kingdom - The absolute worst movie I have seen this year. I get sucked into these Jackie Chan fight movies that, for some reason, I cannot get away from. This movie, the fight scenes were not any good. A ridiculous plot, god-awful acting (worse than expected), and just no real interest in anything that happened.



There you have it, I know 2009 will give me bad movies, but maybe just a little less bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment