Friday, January 2, 2009

Changeling (2008)

This movie is completely different than it looks. I thought I was going to be watching a movie about a mother who loses her child and is given fake one. Basic but somewhat interesting. What I got was a movie about the uncovering of police corruption and manipulation that made this movie a hell of a lot better.

Angelina Jolie plays the distraught mother perfectly I felt. The fact that she is recently a mother, of many, probably helped a lot. I actually believed her performance. I wanted everything to work out for her. Malkovich played the ostentatious and boisterous pastor who is always fighting to stop the LAPD corruption and is willing to help Jolie get the justice that she deserves, as opposed to the treatment she is getting. One of the underrated performances was that of Jeffrey Donovan as the juvenile department's chief.

You can't mess with Clint Eastwood nowadays. He continues to make movies that start one way and head another. I am consistently amazed by the work that he does.

No comments:

Post a Comment