Thursday, August 27, 2009

You Don't Mess with the Zohan (2008)

Well, this turned out to make me laugh more than I expected. Watched this on a whim and laughed just enough.

Zohan (Adam Sandler) is an Israeli super soldier who can wipe out an entire army using just his bare hands and feet. After numerous encounters with the Palestinian super terrorist Phantom (John Turturro), Zohan decides it's time to hang up the fighting career and come to America to become a hairdresser. He hides out for a while, quickly making friends and begins to work at a salon run by a Palestinian named Dahlia (Emmanuelle Chriqui). But how long can he stay hidden in a country of such diversity? Answer: Not long.

I was really surprised by how often I laughed. Not many belly laughs, but a good amount of humor nonetheless. The supporting cast was great and the cameos, like all Sandler movies, helped make it enjoyable. My recommendation for this movie is: "Sure, why not."

No comments:

Post a Comment