Thursday, September 3, 2009

Sunshine Cleaning (2009)

I did not expect this movie to be laugh-out-loud funny, but I did expect a little more comedy in it. I also expected a thorough plot. Neither of those came to fruition.

Sisters Rose and Norah (Amy Adams and Emily Blunt) could not be more opposite, but what they have in common is that they both need more money than they have. Rose to help her troubled child go to a school where he won't get expelled and Norah to do nothing. They come across an idea to become crime scene cleaners after Rose's married boyfriend Mac (Steve Zahn) suggests it. As the movie progresses, they get better and better at their job. With the help of their father (Alan Arkin), the sisters are starting to make money.

The lack of comedy I could have dealt with because I thought the idea of the story was good. The problem I had was that, apart from one aspect of the movie, nothing got resolved. In the end, you are actually left with questions. That should not happen in a movie like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment