Saturday, October 31, 2009

The Killing Room (2009)

I didn't love this but I didn't hate it either. It's been categorized has a psychological thriller and I can't entirely agree with that. It is not a thriller but definitely psychological.

Four strangers (Timothy Hutton, Clea DuVall, Nick Cannon and Shea Whigham) are all brought into a windowless room for an experiment where they will be paid $250 at the end of the day. The experimenter Dr. Phillips (Peter Stormare) explains the goals of the procedure to the participants and then leaves the room. That's when the psychological part takes over. He says the experiment will consist of four parts with one person getting eliminated after each part. Nobody knows what's going on and, worse than that, they don't know who's next.

I usually try to avoid straight to DVD movies, especially after the August debacle, but the trailer for this looked really interesting. The movie had it's moments, and I did like the psychological part of it, but the movie fell flat as a whole. If you want to watch it, I'll let you judge for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment