Tuesday, January 26, 2010

9 (2009)

This movie was visually stunning but, unfortunately, very light on substance. I know this movie was short, 79 minutes, but I kept waiting for the story to pick up.

This is a world where machines have already risen up and defeated the humans who created them. Before he died, the main scientist created 9 tiny robotic dolls that could not be corrupted by the government, as the other robots had before they destroyed humanity. The main robot is 9 (Elijah Wood). 9 soon meets up with the rest of the gang, specifically 5 (John C. Reilly), who was already battle scarred. The robots are running for their lives so they may be able to live in peace, since they may be the last living things on earth.

A very ambitious movie. An animated movie that doesn't set out to be funny. The bad part, it wasn't that great. The basis of my rating is in the animation itself. I was just amazed by it. The attention to detail was unbelievable. I definitely hope more movies are made like this, but hopefully, with a little more of a good story. It's very short, so if you have time, I'd watch this just for the graphics.

No comments:

Post a Comment