Sunday, February 26, 2012

2012 Oscar Picks

It's that time of year again. Tonight is the 84th annual Academy Awards. I will be giving my picks for certain categories, as well as what I think will actually win in said categories. Note: some key movies I haven't seen so far include The Tree of Life, Beginners, Iron Lady, A Separation and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I tried to see as many as I could, but my son Harry was born this year. I'll take him over movies anytime.

Best Picture:
My pick: The Descendants
Prediction: The Artist

Best Director:
My pick and Prediction: Michel Hazanavicius
(The Artist)

Best Actor:
My pick: George Clooney
Prediction: Jean Dujardin


Best Actress:
My pick and Prediction: Viola Davis

Best Supporting Actor:
My pick: Max von Sydow
Prediction: Christopher Plummer


Best Supporting Actress:
My pick and Prediction: Octavia Spencer


Animated Film:
My pick and Prediction:
Rango

Best Adapted Screenplay:
My pick and Prediction:
The Descendants

Best Original Screenplay:
My pick and Prediction:
Midnight in Paris

There are just the major categories. I don't feel I've seen enough of the other categories to make an informed decision. Now, here's my ranking for the Best Picture nominees. Only the 8th spot wouldn't get a passing grade from me. I still have a few more movies to watch before I officially name my Top Ten of 2011.

Best Picture (My Rank):
  1. The Descendants
  2. Hugo
  3. The Artist
  4. Moneyball
  5. The Help
  6. Midnight in Paris
  7. War Horse
  8. Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close
There you go. Enjoy the show

No comments:

Post a Comment