Saturday, December 5, 2009

The Merry Gentleman (2009)

Talk about boring. Michael Keaton, I'm sorry. I understand what you were trying to do with your directorial debut, and I really liked the idea of the movie, but I just didn't care watching this.

Keaton plays Frank Logan, a hit man who is just at the end of his rope. Either it's the job or life, he just does not care about anything anymore and wants it to end. Kelly MacDonald plays Kate. She has recently fled her abusive cop husband in an attempt to start a whole new life. By a crazy happenstance, Kate and Frank come across one another and a friendship blooms. Neither asks the right questions about their pasts and, eventually, they both come back to haunt them.

Here was the problem with this film: Apart for Kate (and that's a big maybe), I didn't care about any one character in this. Not one bit. I had no reason to sympathize with them, or even feel pity for them. This movie was too slow, too dull and just not a good watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment