Saturday, July 18, 2009

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009)

As with most of the Harry Potter franchise, the movies don't do a whole lot of explaining. They expect you to have read the books beforehand, which I have not. In this movie, I didn't mind the lack of explanation.

Harry and the school chums are back for another year after Harry has a bad summer. He is now being hailed as the "Chosen One" and is getting a lot more attention than he can ask for. Before long, he begins to uncover a plot that sees Draco Malfoy conversing with the death eaters. Only Dumbledore believes Harry at first in his accusations, per usual. Soon enough, the truth is known to all.

While this is not the best of the Potter movies (Prisoner of Azkaban), it is definitely strides ahead of the last film (Order of the Phoenix). I would go as far as to say this was probably the #2 in the pecking order. I was so against these films when they came out and now I find myself invested.

No comments:

Post a Comment