Monday, May 25, 2009

JCVD (2008)

This movie was a very big and nice surprise. Never did I expect to say that Jean-Claude Van Damme gave a great acting performance, but he definitely did.

The story centers around Van Damme, playing himself, as an actor struggling to juggle debt, a freshly dismissed custody battle and lack of acting work. He loses a key role to Steven Seagal. While trying to get a loan for his payments, Van Damme walks into a bank that is getting robbed. Of course, Van Damme is the only person they see so they assume he is the robber. This draws media and lookyloos to the scene. Van Damme must now figure out how to use both his wits and his celebrity to get out of the situation.

I heard a lot of great things before I saw this, but I still had my doubts. I mean, it's Jean-Claude Van Damme. I could not have been happier with the movie in the end. I recommend this to anyone who likes movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment