Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Rocker (2008)

I'm very shocked this was as funny as it was. I just watched it on a whim and I thought it was pretty good. Rainn Wilson was great in the lead role and the rest of the cast was great in this, too.

Wilson plays Fish, the original drummer of the band Vesuvius, who was unceremoniously booted right as the band was about to blow up. By the way, the rest of the band was made up of Fred Armison, Will Arnett and Bradley Cooper. Comedy gold right there. Twenty years later, Fish is living in his sister's attic, Vesuvius is now bigger than ever and Fish's nephew needs him to drum in his band. Through a bunch of random happenstances, the band gets signed and goes on tour. That's when the movie takes the always inspirational phase of it.

The movie made me laugh a lot more than I thought it would and I was very happy for that. It's basically School of Rock-lite, but not as good of a movie. I still laughed and enjoyed the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment