Friday, May 1, 2009

X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009)

I know I am being very generous by giving this movie 3 stars, but I have my reasons. A) I love the X-Men B) I like action and C) I like Liev Schreiber. Don't get me wrong, this movie had its problems, but I still had a reasonable amount of fun.

It's obviously the origin of Wolverine and Sabretooth. It goes through their lives and how they age slower than normal men. The montage of the wars they've been in was pretty cool. Eventually, Wolverine has had enough and Sabretooth has gone a little mad. Cut to present day, Sabretooth is out for revenge and soon Wolverine will be, too. With a little help from Deadpool, Gambit (!!!) and Wraith, amongst others, the other mutants in the movie get their due time.

The movie moved WAY to fast, hard to keep up with a lot if you are not knowledgeable in the origins of some X-Men. The CGI, in parts, is awful. Just awful. One scene in particular is just excruitaiting and the weird part is, it's not that important a scene. Also, I understand it was a Wolverine movie, but I would have loved more Gambit. Taylor Kitsch played him great.

No comments:

Post a Comment