Sunday, February 27, 2011

Oscar Picks 2011


Now's the time. Here are my picks for the major categories at the 83rd annual Academy Awards.

Best Picture:
My pick: Black Swan
Probable winner: The King's Speech

Best Director:
Winner: David Fincher - The Social Network


Best Actor:
Winner: Colin Firth - The King's Speech

Best Actress:
Winner: Natalie Portman - Black Swan

Best Supporting Actor:
Winner: Christian Bale - The Fighter

Best Supporting Actress:
My Pick: Hailee Steinfeld - True Grit
Probable winner: Melissa Leo - The Fighter

Best Original Screenplay:
Winner: Inception

Best Adapted Screenplay:
Winner: The Social Network

Best Animated Feature:
Winner: Toy Story 3

Best Documentary:
My pick: Exit Through the Gift Shop
Probable winner: Inside Job

Best Original Score (This was really hard to choose):
My pick: Inception
Probable winner: The Social Network

Best Original Song:
My pick: Toy Story 3
Probable winner: 127 Hours

There you go, without getting into many of the technical prizes. However, I think Inception will take a lot of those. Most of my picks are straightforward and if they don't win, it'll be a surprise. My picks, take them as you will. I hope I'm right.

1 comment:

  1. I gave you 2 blog awards, so check it out on my blog!

    ReplyDelete